CEC - Lands, Physical Planning, Housing and Urban Development
Grace holds a Master degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Middlesex University, United Kingdom (UK), and a Bachelor Degree in Economics and Management, from Spicer Memorial Pune. She has extensive experience in the public sector management, having served as Deputy Director of Pensions at the National Treasury. She was a component manager under the Public Financial Management Sector Reform (PFMR) Programme under the pensions Department. She worked at the regional level as a consultant at the East African Community under the World Bank Financial Sector Development regionalization project. As a Pension Specialist, she was in charge of the East African Community (EAC) Partner states in matters on regional policy to facilitate the EAC Integration process. Additionally, has vast knowledge in public policy development/formulation and implementation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF DIRECTORATES IN THE MINISTRY OF LANDS, PHYSICAL PLANNING, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
- NAME: OISEBE ALBERT ONYARI
DIRECTORATE: DIRECTOR ADMINISTRATION LANDS PHYSICAL PLANNING HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
The Directorate of Administration is a service Department that Coordinates the Administrative functions of all other directorate by;
- Making sure the staff establishment in terms of support staff is adequate in every directorate.
- Provision of stationery and ICT equipment in the entire directorate.
- Provision of office space and office furniture and equipment.
- Coordinate cross cutting issues affecting all the directorates.
- Managing administrative budget.
- Assist the Chief Officer in the day today running of the department.
- Doing a Human Resource needs assessments with view of further training and capacity building.
The Department coordinates the general functioning of core units within the Department namely;
- Accounting unit
- Human resource unit
- ICT unit
- Economist unit
- NAME: BENARD O. MOMANYI
DIRECTORATE: DIRECTOR HOUSING
- Development and Management of government houses
- Housing Policy Management
- Development and Management of Affordable Housing
- Management of Civil Servants Housing Scheme
- Implementation of the shelter housing schemes.
- Building Research Services
- Management of County's rental housing and other fixed assets
- Management of tenancies
- Allocations and acquisitions of County buildings for office, residential and other users
- County Space management (Management of office space)
- NAME: HARON NYAMACHE
DIRECTORATE: DIRECTOR LAND ADMINISTRATION
- Read and interpret catalogues and maintaining maps
- Amendment of community land use through public participation
- Receive applications for land use in order to determine land ownership and conduct research on land use application
- Identify and console with stakeholders on authority of land use
- Submit applications to the council to approve or reject the application
- Identification and maintaining records of land use in their plans and inventory database
- Overseeing implementation, interpretation and enforcement of Article 66 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, the Land Act 2012, the Land Registration Act 2012, the Community Land Act 2016 and the Land Control Act Cap 302 of the Laws of Kenya and other relevant statutes, regulations and strategies.
- Formulating legislations, policies, strategies, standards, guidelines and programmes relating to land administration;
- Provide oversight on Dispute Resolution on land administration matters;
- Establishing and maintaining land banks for investment;
- Providing oversight on sub divisions, amalgamations, change of user, extension of lease and building plans;
- Overseeing investigations on land administration matters;
- Establishment of efficient functioning and safe custody of Land Information Systems
- Secure all landed assets for the county-Public land
- Secure land for markets through re-allocation
- Effective and efficient collection of Rates and Ground Rent
- Establish a modern land management information system
- Chairing of Plan approval committee of the county
- NAME: DOUGLAS MOMANYI MAKORI
DIRECTORATE: DEPUTY DIRECTOR PHYSICAL PLANNING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
- NAME: DENIS ATUMBA OCHORA
DIRECTORATE: SENIOR DEPUTY DIRECTOR SURVEY AND MAPPING/GIS
- Advising and carrying out cadastral survey.
- Determination of government.
- Solving land ownership and boundary dispute.
- Mapping and pegging of county roads.
- Proving spatial datasets and base-maps for physical planning.
- The government and continuous management of a county management of a county GIS and associated plug-in applications.
- Provision of engineering survey services to the county.
- Carrying out/supervise topographical surveys that guide architectural and structural design process for development of county infrastructure.
- Supervision of physical planning activities in the county.
- Supervise or development of base-map for physical activities.
- Organizing for continuous GIS training for relevant county staff.
- Organizing for industrial attachment for students in geospatial fields.
- Any other duties as may be required.
- NAME: PATRICK BITENGO ACHOKI
DIRECTORATE: DIRECTOR PHYSICAL PLANNING
- NAME: KENAN MOGAKA MIRUKA
DIRECTORATE: ACTING DIRECTOR URBAN DEVELOPMENT
- NAME: JOEL NYAMWEYA OMBATI
DIRECTORATE: DIRECTOR EVALUATION SERVICES
- Determination of land values for allocation and acquisition within the County boundaries;
- Responsible for advising stakeholders and clients on all technical matters related to the land valuation and rating,
- Responsible for allocations and acquisitions of County property and fixed asset management information within the County;
- Advise on preparation and management of the Kisii County valuation rating Act and the rates register and advice on area rating and all matters related to rate-able property;
- Establish asset register for county assets including tagging of county assets
- Developing automated and updated valuation database throughout the County
- Conducting research on market trends to inform land valuation policy formulation and review
- Keeping an asset register of values of all properties owned by the county government
- Monitoring and evaluation of valuation activities
- Preparation of valuation rolls and reports-Increase County own source revenue
- Valuation for rental assessment for Ground rent and housing
- Attending court and tribunals on matters relating to land valuation