- In the month of March we expect to experience above average rainfall.
- The onset / start of the March to May 2020 Seasonal rainfall is already with us.
- The rains were to continue from the month of February and increase as from the first week of March which we have started experiencing in this first week of March.
- We shall continue experiencing moderate to heavy rainfall in several parts of the County in this forecast period starting on 3rd and ending on Monday 9th March, 2020.
- The rains will decrease on Thursday and partly on Friday and again increase on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- The maximum temperature is expected to range between 22°C to 28°C while the
- Minimum temperature is expected to range between 15°C to 16°C.
- Farmers are advised to consult agricultural extension officers for advice on the kinds of farming activities to be undertaken in line with this forecast.
- Residents to avoid walking through open fields and sheltering under trees while it rains to minimize exposure to lightning strikes.
- Muddy and slippery conditions will be experienced during the rainy days. Motorists and cyclists are advised to drive or ride carefully to minimize accidents that may arise due to slippery conditions
For further information, please contact:
Kisii County Director of Meteorology: Henry Sese.
Mobile: 0723 842 121