Hon. Kerosi Ondieki (Speaker County Assembly)
The Honourable Kerosi Samwel Ondieki, the Speaker of the Kisii County Assembly and the Chairman of Kisii County Assembly Service Board was born on 28th December 1963.
Honorable Kerosi, graduated with Bachelor of Law (LLB) Degree from Nagpur University (India) with 1st class Honors and a Post Graduate Diploma in Law at the Kenya School of Law. He was admitted to the Bar in 1993 where he became an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. He has been a practicing advocate since 1993 to 2013 with a firm (Kerosi Ondieki & Co Advocate) at Kisii, within Nyanza Province
For his extensive Legal and Legislative expertise, the Honorable Speaker has demonstrated and made numerous presentations on leadership and democracy. He has served as Vice Chairman Western Kenya law society from 2004 to 2007 and Member of People Empowerment and Development Services from 2006 to 2010. In conflict management and peace keeping the Honorable speaker under took Civil Education In 2007 with Wilfred Omariba for Egesa Fm (Branch Of Royal Media Kenya Limited).
Outside the Office, Honourable Kerosi is a vibrant reader of books and staunch Christian. He loves watching sports and indeed, he is a fan of football and he also loves travelling and appreciates nature.
His roles in the County Assembly include:
- Controlling the proceedings in the County Assembly and giving direction to County Assembly committees
- Disciplining members of County Assembly for misconduct in the county assembly.
- Giving members of County Assembly the chance to contribute towards house debate where he ensures that the minorities are given a fair hearing before the will of the majority prevails.
- Issuing orders and making rules for the regulation of visitors to the County Assembly precincts and represent County in its relation with other County
- Chairs County Assembly seatings and maintain the attendance register.