The mandate of the Agriculture Sector is to promote and facilitate promotion of food and agricultural raw materials for food security and income, advance agro – based industries and agricultural exports; and enhance sustainable use of land resources as a basis for agricultural enterprises.
- Formulation, implementation and monitoring of agricultural legislations, regulations and policies.
- Provision of agricultural extension services
- Supporting agricultural research and promoting and promoting technology delivery.
- Facilitating and representing agricultural stakeholders and public-private partnerships in the county government.
- Development, implementation and coordination of programs in the agricultural sector.
- Regulating and quality control of inputs, produce and products from the agricultural sector.
- Management and control of pests and diseases in crops.
- Promoting management and conservation of the natural resource base for agriculture.
- Collecting, maintaining information on the agricultural sector.