The Lands Department has 3 technical and one administrative division; namely, Land Administration Division, Land Registration Division, Land Valuation Division and General Administration Division.
The department has a workforce size of 16 at the moment headed by the County Lands Officer/Senior Valuer. The proposal is to increase the workforce size to 20 in order to cope with increased workload at the County.
To be an excellent Institution in the Administration and Management of Land
To provide efficient and effective administration of Land, custody of Land information and secure tenure for sustainable development and improved livelihood
The core functions of the department are:-
- Alienation of public land in liaison with National Land Commission
- Development control
- Preparation and issuance of titles and registration of land transactions and other legal documents
- Generation and collection of revenue .
- Custody and maintenance of land records
- Provision of advisory and technical services on land matters
- Preservation of public utility land and fragile ecosystems
- Resolution of boundary and land disputes